Alcohol Rehab in Hawaii
Hawaii Island Recovery is one of the best alcohol rehab in Hawaii. HIR offers personalized care in a beautiful island setting.
You might be surprised to realize that you are struggling with an alcohol use disorder (AUD). Or maybe you aren’t surprised but are finally in the place to recognize that drinking alcohol has become a problem that is causing significant harm to your life, health, and relationships. If you’ve realized this, you are not alone. Acknowledging that you may have AUD is the first step to creating change in your life that leads to recovery.
Admitting that alcohol has taken over your life can be difficult as drinking is such an accepted part of our culture that it can be hard to find an occasion or event that doesn’t involve alcohol. Weddings, parties, birthdays, work celebrations, and the club scene are all frequent places where drinking is expected, and a seemingly obligatory, part of the occasion.
Drinking itself isn’t the issue, but it’s when it goes from moderate drinking to abuse where things can begin to quickly spiral downward. If this is where you are finding yourself in this situation, you may need to enter an alcohol rehab program to get you on the road to recovery.
Finding the best rehab in Hawaii is just a phone call away. At Hawaii Island Recovery, we treat alcohol addiction in a safe, tranquil, non-judgemental, inpatient setting on the Big Island of Hawaii. Our professional staff is here to help, support, and guide you on your journey.
The Need for Rehab in Hawaii
How do you know if you need rehab for alcohol use? When does drinking alcohol cross the line into alcohol use disorder and addiction?
It can be difficult to pinpoint AUD without medical professionals who are trained to recognize when alcohol use becomes a disorder – especially when and if other mental illnesses such as anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, and personality disorders are present. It can also be hard, and even harmful, to self-diagnose AUD, let alone know how to treat it. This is why we offer alcohol rehab programs to support you so you do not have to figure it out alone.
Why Accessing Care Is Vital to Sobriety and Recovery
Individuals struggling with heavy drinking and alcohol abuse often have a hard time recognizing they are causing harm to their own well-being. It can be difficult for some to recognize they may have a problem if they feel stuck in and consumed by alcohol. However, at some point, they may recognize that the cost of continuing to misuse alcohol outweighs the cost of seeking treatment.
Some may justify heavy drinking because the people around them are also heavy drinkers, or perhaps they grew up around adults who also struggled with alcohol abuse. Maybe they’ve never been arrested for a DUI or had other negative consequences as a result of their drinking, so they rationalize their behavior as not so bad. Or maybe they don’t drink all day, every day, so alcohol is not considered to be a cause for concern.
The Facts About Alcohol Abuse
At the end of the day, learning the facts about alcohol abuse is essential for finding out whether or not you’re struggling with an alcohol use disorder. If you are struggling, it is important to seek treatment for recovery in a facility that specializes in alcohol use disorders, and any co-occurring treatments as needed.
If you’re wondering if you or a loved one’s drinking has become an issue, consider the following scenarios:
- An individual may only drink on occasion, but when they do, they binge drink and end up drunk to the point of blacking out or passing out.
- An individual may tell themselves that they will not have more than two drinks at a party, only to keep drinking until they are drunk.
Both of these individuals have a drinking problem, although each situation looks different. Without treatment, they’re both at risk of becoming dependent.
If this sounds like you or a loved one, Hawaii Island Recovery’s alcohol rehab program could be the help you need.
How Alcohol Rehab Can Help You
There are drug and alcohol rehabs all over the U.S., each with its own philosophies and treatment models. One of the most important components to look for in a quality rehab facility are those that take an individualized and holistic approach to treatment, as each individual has unique lived experiences, struggles, needs, and values. Trained professionals at your treatment center should take a personalized approach to you and your concerns to ensure you receive the most appropriate and effective care.
Addiction Recovery at Hawaii Island Recovery
Alcohol rehab at Hawaii Island Recovery is not only a good option for people who live in Hawaii, it’s the perfect location for anyone wanting to begin their recovery journey in a peaceful setting dedicated to healing from AUD. The beautiful setting of our Hawaiian rehab center provides a constant reminder of how beautiful life can be when you take the important step toward healing.
Hawaii Island Recovery offers different addiction treatment services to help you overcome your addiction and begin your journey back to wellness.
Our treatment facility offers a range of high-quality programs, such as:
- Medically Supervised Detox: Medical professionals monitor your withdrawal symptoms during the detox in order to ease discomfort and make sure you are safe throughout the detox process.
- Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy (CBT): This is a form of psychotherapy in which a therapist works with a patient to identify and address maladaptive behaviors and thought patterns that contribute to AUD and replace them with healthy, positive ones.
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR): This is an incredibly effective therapy for treating trauma that may be contributing to AUD to improve recovery outcomes.
- Individual Counseling: This is a form of “talk therapy” in which a patient works with a therapist one-on-one to address any issues that relate to AUD and overall well-being.
- Group Counseling: This is a form of therapy in which a therapist leads a small group of peers through guided discussions related to substance use disorders and patients are able to support each other.
- Aftercare Services: After completing a treatment program, our staff helps patients as they transition back to their normal lives by providing information and resources for maintaining lasting recovery.
Hawaii Island Recovery also offers Experiential Cultural Programming so that patients can participate in activities to experience the uniqueness of Hawaii and its culture.
Hawaii Island Recovery is an addiction treatment center that provides rehab for alcohol use disorder (AUD) and other substance use disorders (SUDs). Located on the Big Island of Hawaii, we offer high-quality care provided by trained professionals in a beautiful setting. To learn more about the treatment programs we offer, call us at (866) 390-5070.
Get Help Today!
The time to begin your recovery from drug and alcohol addiction is now. Our admissions specialists are waiting to talk with you and get you started on your personal journey to recovery from alcohol use.866-390-5070